SPX supports the following file systems:
|Important: If you want to do continuous incremental backups your volumes need to use NTFS.
- MBR Disks
- GPT Disks
- Basic and Dynamic Volumes and Disks
- 4K/AF drives with 4096-byte physical sectors and 512-byte sector emulation
|Important: Backups of 4K/Advanced Format drives won’t successfully VirtualBoot on VirtualBox unless 512-byte sector emulation (512e) is enabled on the volumes being backed up.
SPX does not support:
- exFAT or ReFS file systems
- Windows Storage Spaces storage pools
- Windows Server Cluster Shared Volumes
- Using VirtualBoot with UEFI-based system volumes
SPX also does NOT backup any links created with the SUBST command (or calls to DefineDosDevice()) because such links reside *outside* of any persistent file system.
SPX performs data volume (not boot volume) restores from these image files:
Note: SPX does not support restores from VHD or VHDX files.