- 2 GB of computer memory (RAM)
- Dual-core processor or better
- 150 MB of free disk space (for installation)
- Screen resolution of 1024 х 768 pixels or higher
- High-speed Internet connection
The amount of free disk space required for future usage depends on the size of your backup selection and whether a local storage directory (LocalSpeedVault) is enabled.
Supported operating systems
You can install the Backup Manager on the following operating systems:
|Windows versions||Mac versions||GNU/Linux versions*|
|Windows XP SP3
Windows 8 / 8.1
Windows Server 2003 SP2
Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2
Windows SBS 2011
Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2
Windows Server 2016
|10.6 Snow Leopard (64-bit)
10.8 Mountain Lion
10.11 El Capitan
|CentOS 5, 6, 7
Debian 5, 6, 7, 8
OpenSUSE 11, 12
* In addition to the major Linux distributions that are regularly tested in-house, it is possible to run the Backup Manager practically on any GNU/Linux x86 and x86_64/amd64 distribution with glibc 2.4 or higher (with NPTL enabled). If you are going to back up MySQL, you'll need glibc 2.5 or higher.
Supported web browsers
- Internet Explorer 10 or greater
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari for Mac
- Microsoft Edge
The Backup Manager relies on the following ports:
- Port 443 TCP outbound. It is almost always open on workstations but may be closed on servers.
- Local port 5000. If this port is unavailable, the Backup Manager detects a free port automatically (starting from 5001, 5002 and up).
In most cases, no firewall configuration is required.